Email marketing is known as a kind of direct marketing campaign that uses emails as a means of communication for sending commercial messages to masses. Email is still considered to be a critical tool to attract leads. It is also been said that email marketing delivers a higher conversion rate than social media marketing. The better the email marketing campaign, the better is the return on investment.
In email marketing, the email messages are send in order to improve the relationship with the customers to maintain loyalty and continue business. The email messages are also send to approach new customers or even inform existing customers about something new introduced recently. You can even add advertisements to every new emails sent by a company to its customers.
Advantages of Email Marketing
- Low Cost.
- Mails are instantly delivered.
- Reach your audience at minimal effort.
- Exact return on investment can be tracked
- Email is most popular among e-marketers.
Disadvantages of Email Marketing
- Most of the times email marketing is considered as spam which in turn can fail your marketing campaign.
- Not all emails are delivered by email servers.
- Sometimes it becomes difficult to stay connected with your audience.
- Additional staff is required to communicate with your audience.
Features of Email Marketing
- Easy way to reach target audience irrespective of geographical location of you or your customers.
- Lowers your budget spent in marketing campaign
- Allows you to personalize your email for the target audience or person.
- Effective way to promote your site among target market only to those who are looking for your product or service.
- Immediate response can be expected once the email has been dispatched.